 |
| Twin Peaks, San Fran |
This, my friends, is the panoramic view that faced me as I drove to pick up Cousin Nicola last week from her friends apartment in the city. Casually winding our car down a normal looking road, singing along to James Taylor and turning a bend when - SMACK - I hit this view over the brow of the hill. Wowzers. My tummy did a little flip, and then I had this surreal moment where I couldn't quite believe I was driving. I managed to ask Annie to look out of the window. Her reply was "I think I've got a splinter in my hand Mummy." Happy Days!
Nicola was over from England to attend the Coachella Valley Music Festival in LA where her former college mate Matt was playing in his band Band of Skulls. It turns out that Nic has supported Matts' band from the student bar days "you know Loul, when there was them, me and 14 other people in a bar." Last week they played the main stage alongside Arctic Monkeys, Calvin Harris, Florence and the Machine and Kaiser Chiefs. Nic got a place on the tour bus from SF to LA and back stage passes. What a come down to leave that life behind and spend time with the Griffins helping a three year old remove a splinter from her finger!
 |
| Nicola enjoying the slide delights at Korets Park, Golden Gate Park. First established park in the US (1905) incase you didnt know. Nicola wasnt around to enjoy it then. |
 |
| Annie gives the slide a go, sitting on Toms nappy changing mat to pick up downhill speed! |
 |
| Sand Angels |
 |
| The De Young Museum, Golden Gate Park |
 |
| Spot the Golden Gate Bridge in the background |
 |
| Hopscotch |
 |
| Daddy Darren gets jumped on by little people - another BBQ at the Coakleys house. |
 |
| Ryder Park picnic with Tara and Helen. Tara is such a great cook. I wish I could say I liked her, but honestly we only spend time with her for her cous cous. |
 |
| Another park! |
 |
| Conor, Annie, Aiden and Isaac |
 |
| Faster Mums.....you're too slow! |
 |
| Another picnic... |
 |
| Beautiful Annie |
 |
| Supper at the Griffins, with the Coakleys and Pepes (aka the Visa Sponsorship Team!) |
 |
| Chris Pepe's house gift of lemons from his garden. Tara and Steve bought me my own lemon tree! |
Last week I was invited to join some friends from church at Melinda and Baby Lilla's Baby Shower. I've never been to one before, but love the idea of someone else hosting a 'Sip and See' party where delicious food and gifts are on offer whilst everyone else holds your baby and you dont need to clear up or host any guests yourself! Naturally, I couldn't turn up without the obligatory home made Welsh cakes (I honestly get such a kick from seeing friends here tucking into them when we are all so far from Wales!). I also took some lemon curd, since our fridge is full of the stuff after Pepe's kind home welcoming gift!
 |
| Me and my Girl |
 |
| Yummy lemon curd and a tin of Welshcakes |
 |
| Party Games with Children's Pastor Gladys and Lillas Big Sister Anna. |
 |
| Beautiful Mum Melinda |
 |
| Dana, Me, and Shower host Kristen |
 |
| They really like me. Honestly. |
 |
| More party games |
 |
| Party organisers Cat, Kristen and Dana with beautiful baby Lilla. |
Last week also saw my new British friend (who is newer here than I am) celebrate a birthday. Tara and I thought it rude not to use this as a reason to enjoy a drink, so we organised a night out for Helen.
 |
| Another cocktail (for the road) and bagged up cheescake (for the road). Helen, Me, Tara and Ali. |
 |
| It just wouldn't be the same without a singing waitress |
And finally, some news from my son who often feels a little left out of the Blog Updates.
 |
| When my parents don't give me a drink in this warm weather this is what I resort to. Sucking from someone else's cup from the floor. |
 |
| I cant remember what it was, but it tasted great. |
 |
| Did I hear you say stand up, hold it and push? Oh, I'm sorry, I thought it was a tunnel |
 |
| Not sure what this is but Daddy seems to like spending time around it. |
 |
| Two teeth. Yes folks. Two!!! |
 |
| And when I dont get dinner on time I climb....and look at those beers on the top shelf. Damn that's high! |
No comments:
Post a Comment